Tuesday 30 October 2012

october favourites

In two month's time it will be New Year, and it will be 2013. That's...well..that's scary to be honest. But I'm not here to ramble about how fast this year has gone by (though I seem to manage to do it in every favourites post) so let's get on to which products have been getting the most use this month!
No7 Mineral Perfection Blusher in Soft Damson - I normally have a tendency to shy away from loose powder products, so I've no idea why I bought this but I'm so glad I did as it's a gorgeous matte soft rose pink that gives a natural flush to the cheeks. It came with a kabuki brush, which is alright quality but I wouldn't recommend using it with the blush as it's too dense and will give you clown cheeks (been there, done that).

L'Oreal Colour Infallible Eyeshadow in Hourglass Beige - I love the formula of these eyeshadows, they're velvet to the touch and have really good pigmentation. This colour is a very shimmery creamy beige, and I've been wearing it all over my lid and in my inner corner to brighten up my eyes and make me look more awake.

Max Factor Earth Spirits Eyeshadow in Burnt Bark - You know those sets that Boots sometimes do when you spend over £15 on a certain brand? This mini eyeshadow was in one of those sets and I've been reaching for it as a crease colour more often than not - it's a shimmery medium taupe that works really well with a matte colour all over the lid. I was so surprised at the price, the full size is only a fiver and the quality is so good!
NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk - I've been using this as an eyeshadow primer, it intensifies the colour of my eyeshadows as well as stopping them from creasing.

MAC Sheen Supreme Lipstick in Insanely It - My first ever MAC purchase, I'd forgotten about it for a while but recently I found it lurking at the back of my lipstick drawer and put it to good use - I don't own a colour like it as none of my other fuchsia lipsticks are quite as bright and neon as this. Oh the prettiness.

No7 Exceptional Definition Mascara - This is a deluxe sample that I'm nearing the end of, but this will be a definite repurchase. The wand seems to grab every single lash, even the tiny ones so although it doesn't do much in terms of volume, it multiplies the amount of visible eyelashes I have which results in lovely fluttery lashes!

The albums that I've been listening to non-stop on my iPod are My Head is an Animal by Of Monsters and Men (if you haven't heard Your Bones, YouTube it now!), Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds's album and Kasabian's albums - I think Kasabian have become my favourite band, I just need to buy Velociraptor! and I have all of their albums :)

What are your favourites for October?

8 comments:

  1. I really want to get some NYX pencils! Lovely set of favourites :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That No7 blush is gorgeous! The blush on my favorites list for this month has to be my new convertible color blush by Stila in the color Poppy. You don't need hardly any product to get it to show up, and it creates such a natural looking flush when used sparingly :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post i really wanna try the nyx pencils!:)

    http://laurenlovesmakeupxoxo.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choices of favourites :) Love the look of the L'Oreal eyeshadow, would be perfect for a winter-y eye look x

    Angelica [One Little Vice]

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've used NYX jumbo eyeshadow pencil in milk religiously since last year's IMATS, will have to stock up on them this year! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh lovely MAC lipstick color! I had never heard of it before reading your post!

    x Ellie @ Ellalogy 

    ReplyDelete
  7. That MAC lipstick colour is beautiful! Might have to add to the collection!

    http://soapetal.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool post dear :)

    Join Estée Lauder Giveaway on my blog :)

    http://she-is-the-1.blogspot.ch/2012/11/giveaway-v.html

    ReplyDelete