Saturday 6 October 2012

xtras haul and birthday goodies!

So today just so happens to be my birthday, so far it's been spent with family and friends, eating too much cake and wallowing in a mound of wrapping paper.
The postman also decided to surprise me with a little present, namely being my order from Xtras. I blame credit Fee at MakeupSavvy for the discovery of this website, it sells discount cosmetics, not unlike CheapSmells and FragranceDirect. What drew me in was that they had some ridiculously cheap Stila products available, and with me not having a local Poundland, I feel as if I'm missing out on the Stila bargains. If you spend over £10 you get free delivery too! And the background is slightly different in these photos. Well, it would be a shame to waste all that bubble wrap, wouldn't it?
As I've heard such good things about the Stila Tinted Moisturiser, I didn't hesitate to pop it into my basket, and an eyeshadow in Twig, a blush in Bud and a powder foundation in Shade B (which also came with a sponge) soon followed. I plan on getting a palette for the blush and the eyeshadow, as they are both in refill form and need a proper house. They're the same size, so if I can get two other eyeshadows I can have a complete palette for travelling! You can view the Stila range here.
It's basically impossible for me to place an online order without getting any nail polish, and since my total from the Stila products only came to £8, I needed another £2 worth of stuff to be able to get free delivery. The Collection (2000) polishes are only 50p each, so I decided to get no less than three of them.
The website lists the Bourjois polishes by numbers and not names, as a result I wasn't able to find swatches and took a gamble by picking a fairly safe option, a light pink called 23 Beige Rose. This is also listed elsewhere on the site for 50p more, so if you're ordering this and want to be extra savvy, click on the 1 Seconde line and choose colour 23.
You can see the range of nail polish here.

I think my family has latched onto the fact that I am a bit of a beauty addict, and they managed to pick a few amazing gifts -  I know they don't read my blog but thanks so much!

14 comments:

  1. happy birthday!fab haul and presents xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday! I just had one last week. I hope you had a good one.

    http://shinyragsandcheapriches.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! I've just made a cheeky order with Fragrance Direct- these discount sites are just far too tempting!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks and ooh i know, i have to stop myself visiting them if i don;t want all my money disappearing! x

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday!! Your presents look amazing :) Last time I was in England, I popped into TK Maxx and they had some nice, heavily discounted cosmetics from brands like Stila, Calvin Klein, and Bourjois- might be a good place for you to look?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! i love tk maxx for the clothes but i find that websites have even better deals on makeup most of the time - that being said i do pick up makeup there from time to time! xx

      Delete
  5. Happy birthday - hope you have a great day!

    Btw the link to your Pinterest doesn't seem to be working :L
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, and thanks so much for telling me - it's fixed now :) x

      Delete
  6. Happy Birthday! Great birthday haul :) xx

    onelittlevice.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, happy birthday! New reader here! I see you got some lovely prezzies from the fam (Chanel, so jealous!!). I hope you let us know how the Stila tinted moisturizer works for you? I'd be interested to know as I've never heard much about it before. Anyway, lovely post, and happy birthday again! xx

    ReplyDelete