Saturday 19 January 2013

mac brick-o-la lipstick

This lipstick was an impulse buy about three months ago at an airport, and as it is so often with impulse buys this quickly fell to the back of my lipstick drawer to be forgotten about. However, this post by Estée reminded me of it's existence and I have been wearing Brick-O-La every single day for the past three weeks. Seeing as this doesn't happen very often at all for me as I like to chop and change my products regularly, I thought that it's definitely worthy of a review!
Admittedly Brick-O-La doesn't look extremely special in the bullet, but once swatched it really comes into its own. MAC describe the colour as a "mid-tone berry" which to an extent it is, although I see it more as a muted red with a hint of brown - very classy! I can't fault the pigmentation, and on the lips once it fades it stains my lips a few shades darker than my natural lip colour. This shade is very versatile should work well on all skin tones, especially warmer-toned ones.

Brick-O-La is a permanent shade with an Amplified Creme finish and although I can't compare it to all the other finishes that MAC offer as I haven't tried them all, this certainly is creamy, applies smoothly, isn't drying and lasts a fair few hours. 
MAC Lipsticks are £14 and are available here.
I haven't done a review of a singular product in far too long, I need to get back into the swing of things!

15 comments:

  1. This is on my list to purchase. So pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a gorgeous shade! I've never tried any of the Amplified formulas but they all seem to look great.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Amplified Creme formula! It's my favorite MAC finish. I love this color on you!

    katiechamel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful color. I have also heard and seen Estée talking about it! I may have to take a closer look at this at the Mac counter!

    Hill
    http://thebugthatfleeps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks so pretty! I think I might treat myself to one! ♥ Nice post - sweet and short :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This shade is so pretty, it's been on my wish list ever since I saw Estee wearing it in her youtube video :) xx

    Sarah @ sarahlouxo.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This colour is just gorgeous!! I'm a new follower of your blog :)
    http://hannahmariebeauty.blogspot.co.uk/
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW that suits you! I'm almost certain this would look hideous with my coloring, but it looks so beautiful on you. I may just have to give it a look next time I'm in MAC! x

    http://thenonbrit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful colour!-tempted to have a nosey now next time i'm around a mac counter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This colour so suits your skin tone!!

    Jess :-)

    www.jessiemapooh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty! I've seen Brick-o-La get many raves x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a pretty colour and amplified is my favourite finish!
    http://thelipstickthegirlandherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for your comment! It looks like a nice color

    ReplyDelete
  14. Im desperate to ge my hands on that, that is definitely going on my 2013 wish list! xx
    blotandreapply.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete