Monday 25 February 2013

empties #2

Since deciding to start these empties posts I've been flying through a ton of skincare samples, it's so satisfying seeing my sample stash decreasing - and I'm discovering a few new amazing products from the process too!
 Alpha-H Liquid Gold - I received this from WIMH a while ago, and put it to one side as I wasn't entirely sure what it was. Turns out it's a chemical exfoliant that you apply like a toner and leave overnight, and skip the moisturiser. I was so sceptical about this, I never ever skip moisturiser and I've already found some pretty amazing exfoliators but I was completely blown away by this and every time I used it (despite being a tiny 4ml sample, this lasted me a good four or five uses) I woke up to smoother skin with any blemishes or dry patches all but gone.
Repurchase? Yep.

Elemental Herbology Cell Plumping Facial Hydrator & Facial Souffle Overnight Repair Cream - I enjoyed both of these. They added a good dose of moisture to my skin and smelled very natural, but I'm completely put off by the price point. I would expect the pay about £10 each for the full size, £20 at most but not £40+.
Repurchase? No, solely because of the price, however I'd definitely consider purchasing a starter kit.

Cherry Carmex - Argh this stuff is amazing, it's completely transformed my lips and is my holy grail beauty product. The tubes seems to last much longer than the version in the pot, I have no clue why this is but this little tube has lasted me over six months now.
Repurchase? Already have (in my recent haul), my lips can't live without it. I do want to try Blistex at one point though, so after my next tube has run out I think I'll see if that works miracles too.
Murad Time Release Acne Cleanser - My skin didn't like this one bit. After using it for a week little bumps started appearing on my jawline - the ones that look as if they're going to turn into spots but never do. Luckily the sample is not very big and I managed to get through it pretty fast, but it's not suited to my skin at all.
Repurchase? No.

Clean & Clear Dual Action Moisturiser - I've managed to get through three bottles of this moisturiser as it was perfect last summer when my skin was oiler and it helped clear up spots, however I think that my skin has gotten used to it and it's effects have worn off.
Repurchase? Perhaps in the summer if my skin gets oiler again, as it's a great budget moisturiser.

Weleda Wild Rose Smoothing Night Cream - In my eyes, Weleda can do no wrong. Every single product I've tried from them has been a winner - probably down to the natural ingredients - and this is no exception. It's got a scent that takes a bit of getting used to (very herbal) but disappears once the cream has been absorbed.
Repurchase - I went in Wholefoods with every intention of buying the full size, but instead left with another version that seemed more suited to my skin type (see my recent haul).

Melvita Rose Nectar Fresh Micellar Water - Believe it or not, this is the first micellaire water I've ever tried, and I have to say I'm converted. My eye makeup was removed so much quicker, especially mascara which makes a change from rubbing my eyes for a few minutes to get everything off.
Repurchase? I have a bottle of Bioderma waiting to be used, and I highly doubt this will match Bioderma's standards if all the hype is to be believed - so I probably wouldn't repurchase, but micellaire water in general gets a thumbs up.

A Graze box also popped through my letterbox, and here are the contents:

7 comments:

  1. Great post dear! I love the Clean & Clear moisturizer so much! Unfortunately I can't find it anywhere where I live now! :(

    XO,
    http://rosychicc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post and yay for empties xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about Elemental Herbology's prices, there are a couple of things I really want to try from them but just can't bring myself to spend so much, especially as there's no guarantee I'll like them. Saying that, I've just bagged myself a half price eye serum, so that's a good place to start.
    I love Micellar waters too, they're great for getting eye makeup off and I feel like my face gets a better cleanse if I don't have to worry about my eyes. I'm currently using the Nuxe one, but really like Caudalie's version too.
    Mel x

    melswallofmirrors.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know, for the price i just can't justify buying anything from them at the moment, and i'll have to take a look at nuxe's and caudelie's micellaire waters if you say they're good! xx

      Delete
  4. Loving this post, and I love to see how great your doing, I remember reading this blog when you first popped up and it's so wonderful to see the followers and the great post you still write!


    http://emma-louwagstaff.blogspot.com.ar/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw it's lovely to hear that you've stuck around, thanks so much! xx

      Delete
  5. I love these, your style is amazing! Please keep it up I can't wait to see more,
    absolutely love it :) big inspiration xxx Ps. I just love graze hahah

    ReplyDelete