Sunday 17 March 2013

ebay purchases #6

Ooh it's been a while since my last post in this series! I've not been buying as much (pah, what a lie) and haven't had that many eBay finds to share with you. If you haven't read my other eBay purchases posts, here's links to #1, #2, #3, #4 and #5.
A few people have actually blogged about Saffron nail polishes before, and I recall a mention of the glitters being pretty decent. Now I don't usually go for dirt cheap nail polish, it more often than not is horrendous quality and smells something wicked but nevertheless, I bought the shade Gold (08) and I discovered that what I initially thought was only half true. There is definitely a lot of acetone in there as it stinks but the polish itself is not bad (the swatch shown above is two generous coats) and you can never have too many glitters, right?
You can find it here.

It's a key keyring! With added clock. I love practical trinkets, and somehow I've managed to misplace all my keyrings and my set of keys looks so bare without one! I hope that the clock is sturdy enough to survive being thrown around in my handbag though.
The listing is here, along with a ton of other options such as a saxophone or teapot keyring if they take your fancy.
Every time I wear a plain blazer I can't help but think that it needs a bit of jazzing up especially around the lapel/collar region, step in my very first brooch. Admittedly the multicoloured hearts are a bit tacky and look like they would belong in a Barbie magazine as a free gift rather than beside a winged skull, but a quick snip with a pair of pliers quickly dealt with that problem.
The one downside is that the hole the brooch creates is on the large side, as the needle itself is quite broad so to be on the safe side I don't think I'll be accessorising any of my investment pieces with this any time soon!
You can take a gander at the listing here.
I'm always drawn to eye-catching jewellery, mainly because jewellery is the one area where I can branch out and wear "statement" items without feeling at all self-concious. This ear piece is no different, I had to have it as soon as I laid my eyes on it and it's price tag - a measly £1 for something that would easily be over a fiver in Topshop. Surprisingly, it isn't uncomfortable at all as it wraps around the ear with part of the coil resting on the top of the ear; it also attaches like a normal earring except for the different backing.
It's on eBay here, available in bronze, silver, antique silver and gold - I think the one I own is the bronze one, but don't quote me on that.

I think that eBay has become one of my main methods of procrastination (that and the rest of the internet) - I need to be studying for exams, but no, I'm sitting with my laptop looking at eBay listings. Are you as addicted as I am?

13 comments:

  1. OOh love the keyring clock, very cute xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The gold glitter polish looks lovely! And the snake ear piece looks so gorgeous and awesome!

    http://dreamdustx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The glitter polish is so pretty! I really like the little pin, too. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. The nail polish looks absolutely amazing hun! <33 And the keyring is also lovely!

    I am running an international giveaway on my blog now and I'd love it if you enter! :)

    XO,
    http://www.rosychicc.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tagged you - http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/the-shine-on-award-tag-youre-it.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh I love the snake earring! So unusual!

    I'm a new follower, found you through BeautyQueenUks tag post :)

    Hayley
    Sparkles & Stretchmarks
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm always a bit dubious of buying nail polish online - it is a gorgeous colour though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm in love with that snake earring! and i agree, i definitely spend far too much time/money on ebay sometimes haha. Thanks for sending over your link after bbloggers xxx

    lipsticksandheels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG -- that keyring and earring, LOVE! What amazing finds!
    I now feel like I have to stalk ebay to find similar items!

    Allie
    http://ordinaryallie.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh I love that glitter polish!!

    http://www.rafflesbizarre.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the nailpolish a lot!

    answerisno.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such great item! I love buying things off ebay! Especially nail polish!

    beautydreamerinsession.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete