Saturday 21 December 2013

december birchbox

Number 4 Non-Aerosol Hairspray | Nail Rock Nail Velvet in Burgundy | Delarom Acquaconfort Mask | Korres Citrus Shower Gel
Alima Pure Luminous Shimmer Eyeshadow in Chai | Twistband

The theme for December's Birchbox is of course Christmas, and inside the box there's products to help you get glammed up for the party season as well as a few pampering products. 

I've wanted to get my hands on a few Twistbands ever since I heard about the concept (a hairband that doesn't leave any kinks? Count me in.) but I've always thought they were overpriced for what they are, so I'm happy to see one included in this month's box as it means that I can give it a trial run before handing over a tenner.
Nail polishes are always appreciated, and although I won't be using up the nail velvet any time soon as I don't think I could stand the texture, the dark purple nail polish that it comes with is gorgeous. I'm sure it'll find its way onto my nails soon.
The Delarom face mask is also a welcome addition as it seems I can never have enough face masks - there's something about the instant results that other skincare products don't provide that sucks me in. I'm not 100% certain, but I think it's a hydrating mask similar to the Origins Drink Up Intensive.

I also received a $20 off voucher for BaubleBar to celebrate their UK launch, which is all well and good and all until you see that delivery to the UK is $20 (insane!), plus since they ship from the US you have to pay import taxes on top of that. I think I'll be giving that a miss.

Sorry for the slightly grainy images - I took these photos at midday and apparently there still isn't enough light! Bring on spring already, I'm done with winter.

3 comments:

  1. This looks so nice! I've been wanting to try out this or Ipsy and I can't decide which to go with. Their both such great deals!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for messaging me on twitter through the bbloggers chat! I have now added you on GFC, Bloglovin &Twitter and facebook I hope you will follow me back too!

    Lucie // Fatbeautyx // My latest post (Blogsale!!! ) // Vote for me in the #UKBA14

    ReplyDelete